Re: [TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question
From: "Brad Hyde" <W5BK@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:00:58 -0600
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 8:40 PM

Yes,

True, but adjusting the audio seems to adjust the output...

At least on mine...

Best 73's
Rich
K5SF

From: n1eu@netscape.net (Barry N1EU)
To: tentec@contesting.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:34:19 -0500

"Robert Carroll" <rlcarroll@patmedia.net> wrote:

>The Orion supplies left and right audio out through the aux DIN >connector
on
>the back. They are "line level." Is the signal out independent of the
>setting of the volume control?

Yes. The schematic of the audio output is designated 81917_6 in the A7 folder. It clearly indicates the AuxOut bypassing the Audio PA chip/volume control.

73,
Barry N1EU

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.