RE: [TenTec] My Orion - qsk

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] My Orion - qsk
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:37:49 -0800
That's awesome, Tom!

I sure wish I could find the time to get up to those speeds.
However I don't think it will work in German.
You need to understand that in German, sometimes one word takes up to 3
lines! (I'm not joking).
I wonder how the Germans manage it.
I'm going to ask DJ6ZM when I visit him next week to try my ORION on his
ACOM 2000A.

I think the good news for those of us who can't walk on water is that the
ORION will soon be keying clean at much higher speeds - though to be honest,
at the speeds I run I have never noticed any problem (i.e. max 45 wpm for
contest bursts).  But I don't use the keying loop - just the single line
with a bit of QSK Delay.

73
Rick