[TenTec] Help with Argonaut Fan Noise

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Help with Argonaut Fan Noise
From: "Paul E. Littleton" <ka5biw@swcp.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:02:50 -0700
I have a fairly new Argonaut V with the single cooling fan. I didn't find the fan noise objectionable until I put headphones on one day. I have a fair amount of fan noise coming through into the headphones. The fan noise does not seem to change volume with changes in the AF gain. I have added an external plug to disconnect the fan when I am just listening, but I would like to get rid of the noise while the fan is on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.