Re: [TenTec] firmware update issues please save

To: Jeff Griffin <kb2m@comcast.net>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] firmware update issues please save
From: Martin AA6E <msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 13:18:31 -0800 (PST)
I'm not sure what your point is here.  The update is hard to find?
Maybe.

Kenwood's instructions on how to do the upgrade are 100% better than
TT's.  Illustrations and careful explanation.

One thing you might not like is having to open up the TS2000, move
cables around, and flip a switch in order to upgrade firmware.

That might be a good thing compared to Orion.  I have this nagging
feeling that by sending the wrong commands from my computer, I could
turn the Orion into a dead brick.

One of the more interesting ways to check software and computer
peripherals is to send them many random ASCII strings.  This will
sometimes have spectacular results - smoke, flames, etc.  Probably not
a good thing to try on the Orion.

73, Martin AA6E