Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ vs Kenwood TS-2000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ vs Kenwood TS-2000
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:07:46 -1000
There are a lot of performance reasons to choose the Omni-VI over the TS-2000 which no doubt others have already pointed out. In my opinion cosmetically the Omni-VI has it all over the TS-2000. I'm not a Kenwood hater. My main rig for years (before I got an Omni-VI) was a Kenwood TS-440, which like the Omni-VI, looks like a radio. The TS-2000, in my opinion, looks like a VCR on steroids.

DE N6KB

I am having another debate with myself trying to decide between a used Omni VI+ or spend a few more bucks and get a Kenwood TS-2000.