Re: [TenTec] telephone calling 911

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] telephone calling 911
From: CROCDONZ1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:59:11 EST

In a message dated 2/22/2005 7:43:50 A.M. Central Standard Time,
k8vt@ameritech.net writes:

No, not  true. Basically what happened is most likely "contact bounce" in
the  switch hook when you hung up, which can be interpreted as as a
rotary dial  out pulsing a "one" even though you were probably using
Touch Tone [tm]  dialing...

( a little known fact, but most input registers on telephone  switches
will let you freely intermix TT and rotary pulse  dialing)

73,
Carter K8VT

that's a trick i used to use when i was a teenager when my parents  would put
the lock on the dial on our phone. i was routinely grounded from the  phone.
there is (was) more than one way to skin a cat!

don-kd9mf