Re: [TenTec] New Rig Suggestion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Rig Suggestion
From: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <mizuhoradio@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:43:13 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Pete, and everyone else,

> New hams also face a dilemma. That under $500
> recycled rig most likely will need some tinkering

Really?  I have bought (and sold) more used rigs than
I care to think about.  Most that were advertised as
working perfectly were doing just that.  I rarely if
ever have to "tinker" and I really am not terribly
qualified to do so.  Still, I have had fantastic luck
with used equipment.

What a newbie needs is what I had:  an elmer to teach
them and to help them select the right rig for their
interests and budget.

73,
Caity
K7VO

=====
Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637