Re: [TenTec] browser issues for viewing

To: roncasa@verizon.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] browser issues for viewing
From: "Reed O. Krenn" <reed_ww3a@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:28:53 -0500
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 16:13, ron wrote:
> You know how to use Linux?? That's great!
> Wish I had another PC I could install then practice and learn.
>
> Ron

Ron - I'm a 'newbie' at Linux myself, but there are at least two Linux
distributions that will run entirely from a CD, enabling you to "test drive"
Linux without actually installing anything onto your hard drive. If you like
it, you can then install it alongside Windows (It will create its own
partition), OR if you really like it, you can elect to re-partition the
entire disk for Linux.

The version I use is called SimplyMepis, www.mepis.org. If you have a
broadband connection, you can download it for free from the website and burn
your own installation disk.  A similar distribution is Knoppix (don't have
the URL, but you ought to be able to 'Google' it). There are probably others.
--
Reed O. Krenn / WW3A
reed_ww3a@alltel.net