Re: [TenTec] ORION_ANT_SELECTION

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION_ANT_SELECTION
From: Mike Gorniak <gorniak@ncis.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:51:03 -0600
Hi George,

I don't know what to say about the volume control situation, but I have
observed the same behavior as you regarding the
receiver antenna selection situation. As always, an antenna driving 2
separate loads simultaneously will deliver less voltage into each one of
them than when driving either one alone.

However, I've yet to find a situation where this compromised the ability of
the Orion to hear a signal.

I've observed this behavior in all versions of the software that I have
gone through, going all the way back to 1.340.

73,

Mike Gorniak
NM7X