[TenTec] Need some help with a Model 580 Delta

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Need some help with a Model 580 Delta
From: Charlie Bright <we0r@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:59:32 -0800 (PST)
I just received a 580 I bought off ebay and was happy
to find it receives and transmits fine (even though
physically it looks quite rough), but it didn't come
with a manual and I have a couple of questions I hope
someone can help me with:

First, what does the "ALC - TX ON" control do?.  I
seems to have a push/pull  operation in addition to
rotating.

Second, the band switch has some slop in it's
operation and doesn't really click into a band, but
can be moved several degrees either way in each band
position.  Is this normal or is there something I can
do to correct it?

Third, how can I tell if the noise blanker is
installed?  I think it might be a board on the top
side, but I'm not really sure.  I don't see any place
else to install a board, so think it may be there.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Charlie, we0r