Re: [TenTec] care and feeding of TiTan fan ..

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] care and feeding of TiTan fan ..
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:21:30 -1000
>So even though there is some risk that the ps filter caps can dry out, if
>you take it slow, it may work fine after not being used for 10 years!

Some people will use a variable autotransformer (Variac, Powerstat, or
whatever) to bring up the primary voltage on the power transformer
slowly. I have heard that this helps to rebuild the electrolytic
insulation in the capacitors gentlty. You would need to bypass the
relays and go directly to the transformer primary on a Titan power
supply, because the relays will not actuate below some minimum voltage.
Don't try it if you're not sure what you are doing. Lethal voltages are
present inside that power supply.

DE N6KB