Re: [TenTec] Humor and Questions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Humor and Questions
From: K5lxz@wmconnect.com
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:21:24 EST
Your problem seems to be varied and sundry.   Me, I never had much, really
none, luck with that open wire stuff and my canary got fried on some.  So, we
ate the bird and replaced the so called 'ladder line' with some closed or cover
wire called coax.
This type of wire did fine but seemed it had to run in a straight line all
the time.   Had something to do with the word "type" typed on the wire.   Seems
that "type" is a four letter word when it comes to talking about coax.   I now
use garden hose with coat hangers as center conductors and keep it water
cooled.   The swrs are not very good still, but, we have quite a bit of hot
water.
OH! the real reason I bothered to reply to this in the first place is to
offer you some advise on the cantenna antenna.   You got to take the lid off of
it
or you ain't never going to make any Qs.  That is what my cb buddy b s told
me anyway.
good luck

ray
w5ew