Re: [TenTec] PTO non-rebuild solution

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PTO non-rebuild solution
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:35:34 -0500
At 05:27 PM 3/24/05, dbp@tds.net wrote:
>  I have had great success bathung the PTO mechanism in "Tri-Flo" bicycle
> chain lubricant. I have squirted it in the PTO until it has washed out
> all the old grease, and let it drain onto newspaper over nite before
> reassembling. By then it is well lubed. Lots easier than a rebiuld,
> unless you are a purist.
>  Has anyone who has tried this method found any fault i.e. components
> value changing, I haven't.

I concur.  I have used Tri-flow on three PTO's now and have not had to
re-do any of them since.  I do an alcohol drip first to loosen everything,
let that evaporate, and then do the Tri-flow injection.  I don't think I
use as much tri-flow as does Dave, but apparently Tri-flow by itself is
enough to handle the problem.

Perry   w8au