Re: [TenTec] LP feature

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LP feature
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@callatg.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 06:42:45 -0800
Here's the way I use it. After finding a signal Im interested in, usually in
less than optimal condx., and have used all the other controls at hand to
tune it in, I then hit the LP button. If I think this further enhances the
sig, I then press it for a longer time which reveals which setting is chosen
and then scroll thru the others and leave it whereever it sounds best, or
off again. In some band condx it makes quite a difference, in some others
none at all. I began using it when I noted that in summer condx., other
noisey condx., some sigs were recoverable with its use. A good thing.  Its
just another reciever tool to help dig out the object of your focus. 95% of
the time I dont even think about that control. Im glad its there when I need
it. Its one of those details that the Omni VI/ Opt1 is noted for helping pop
that weak one out of the noise. Both CW and SSB.