Re: [TenTec] New Orion Owners

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Orion Owners
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:36:37 -0400
I truly urge all Orion owners to READ the owners manual. Keep it on your
desk. Read it AGAIN! The Orion is not a plug-and-play radio, it IS a new and
different kind of radio that really takes some operational understanding in
order for us to use to it's best ability.

If you have problems, I urge you to call Ten Tec. It is their radio, they
designed it and built it, and they know more about it than most of us do.
And that is one reason they had excellent customer support.

Scott at Ten Tec, spent many hours writing the owners manual and it is your
BEST reference to help you understand how to get the most out of the Orion.
In my opinion, if you take short cuts and don't read the owners manual and
don't get an understanding of how the design works, your going to make the
road to obtaining it's best performance, more difficult for you. Do yourself
a favor and read the manual, more than once!

Tommy
Ex-Orion firmware beta tester

W4BQF