Re: [TenTec] real CW ops

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] real CW ops
From: "Scott / W4PJ" <w4pj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:43:33 -0400
The first time I heard the term was from a fellow who used to work on the
Ohio-Penn railway.  He said I sounded like a CW op he used to know... and
guess what?  My Dad used to work on the Ohio-Penn after WWII.  My Dad was a
radioman in the Pacific and after he came back was a telegrapher for the RR.

Maybe it has to do with the accent we have, those of us who hail from the
Tr-State area, PA, OH and either WV or MD.  We  **  DO  **  have a similar
way of talking.

Perhaps the way we talk influences our kind of drawl on the bug?

Dunno, but I never actually heard CW from my Dad, he went SK before I got my
license.

BTW My Dah's are a bit longer than the "normal" 3:1 computer generated code.
And sometimes I'll add some extra dits in there.

For example, the word:

DaaaH,
Diddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-iddle iddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-iddle,
Dit

Is still the word "The."

PEACE
Scott / W4PJ