[TenTec] Omni 6 (Option 1) Intermittent Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 (Option 1) Intermittent Audio
From: Joe Smith <lanier732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
About every tenth time, plus or minus, that I turn on
the Omni 6 it acts totally mute (no audio out).  A
reset does not help.  However, if leave rig alone,
power on (30A supply), for about five minutes it
un-mutes and all is normal. Rig is populated with the
1.8/500/250 filters in the 6.3MHz IF slots but, is
otherwise stock. There is a 3rd party external
communications speaker connected. Other gear on the
same power supply, including an Argo 5, all work
normally. I've owned the Omni 6 (Option 1) about 8
months (it is one fantastic piece of CW equipment).
The intermittent issue started about a month ago. Any
thoughts? 73, Chuck AF4PP