Re: [TenTec] Real CW

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Real CW
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:21:52 -0400
Jim,

Since you copied one of my post, I'll respond to you.

This is your hobby and it is also my hobby. What I do in this hobby is for
the enjoyment of it. Quite frankly, I really don't care if you or anyone
else don't believe it. If I have to PROVE it, then it becomes 'work' and no
longer fun. If it becomes work, I will stop doing it.

But Jim, if you have any interest other than being negative about it, join
K5TO, K5LGJ, KB9XE, W9FCX, and quite a few others on 7.024 just about any
morning around 7:30 am EST. And don't bother to sit on your key to jam our
readers. Our 'reader's' are sitting (mostly, some a little lob-sided) on our
head, and they have the best QRM filters you can get. We do not use code
readers simply because we can head copy significantly faster that any code
reader can copy in normal band noise.

Who said anything about 'perfect' copy? We have conversation using code, we
do not grade each other....we just have FUN!

Instead of being a 'nay-sayer' why not try it Jim. Can't tell, maybe you
would also find it to be a fun part of our hobby?

Tommy

W4BQF