Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and power supply occilation???

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and power supply occilation???
From: "Ariel M. Elam" <k4aal@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:38:06 -0500
Hi to all--

Perhaps there is over voltage spike generated. If you connect a 1.5KE15A
diode across the supply line( band to positive lead) between fuse and
rig, the spike will be clamped. The fuse will also blow.

This is on the rig in the van. I cannot attest to its' effectiveness as
I have had no problems.I got the idea from "An Ounce Of" on page 38 of
May, 2002, "73 Amateur Radio Today." K7SUB was author.

73,
Ariel, k4aal

PS. I can copy and send a full copy via USPS. -- aal