Re: [TenTec] Orion Roofing Filters

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Roofing Filters
From: "Richard Williams" <richardw@mho.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:57:33 -0600
HI Dave,

I think the "consensus" is to purchase the INRAD 761 and 762 filters.   Yank
out the "standard" 1 khz Orion filter and put in the 762 (600 khz).    Put
the INRAD 762 (1.8Khz) filter in the optional 1.8 Khz slot in the Orion.

When I purchased the radio a year or so ago I bought all the optional
filters from INRAD (except the 762 - it was not available).     Tests by
various amateurs found the two tightest filters to be of limited utility and
use (several reports available on that).   With input from some of these
individuals I believe INRAD responded and came out with a 600 khz filter(
avail only in kit form).

The filter was such a success they finally made it available in the "plug
and play" form (INRAD 762).

I still have the 760 installed, but sold my 759 and have no filter in the
500 Hz slot now.   I don't think I have ever used the 250 Hz filter as it is
of limited, if any use).  I do quite abit of CW and the 762 filter at 1Khz
works great.

When on SSB I use either the stock 2.4 khz or the INRAD 1.8 Khz filter.

Good luck

Dick K8ZTT