Re: [TenTec] Centurion meters

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion meters
From: "HENRY PFIZENMAYER" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:53:01 -0700
Those of you who might remember my complaint about the meters in my new
Centurion -  being extremely "undamped" much like the old Shurite meters. I
had some problems which turned out to  involve both the multimeter and plate
current being out of calibration. After trying to calibrate the meters using
the factory setup , it turned out both meters were out of spec - supposed to
be 1 ma full scale and both were well above that.

Anyhow TT service sent me a pair of new meters and lo and behold the damping
in the new plate current meter is MUCH better than the first meter , and the
damping in the new multi meter is noticeably better. Both calibrated easily.

TT service said they had seen problems with these meters being damaged in
shipping.

So I retract my comments about the "bouncy" meters as it is now with the new
meters !!!!

Rgds-  Hank K7HP