Re: [TenTec] Orion and TVI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and TVI
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:50:38 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/2005 9:18:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cnagel@sbcglobal.net writes:

>>>No changes in radio shack. I have added only an external DC  power supply
for the new rig.<<<<

That's were my vote goes.  It is either the Power Supply itself or RF
getting into the Power Supply and radiating back through the AC lines to the
neighbors.

Possible but improbable - defective Orion putting out spurious emissions  and
harmonics in the TV bands?  Do you mean TVI (TV interference) or RFI
(general interference to radios and other devices such as telephones)?

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA