Re: [TenTec] Fw: !!#**++!!! noise source found!!!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: !!#**++!!! noise source found!!!
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 12:27:47 -1000
Hi Roy,

Congratulations on finding the noise source, and being lucky enough to
have a neighbor who is cooperative enough to work out a solution that
works for you.

This is no doubt a mass produced item, and similar units maybe causing
other hams !!#**++!!! noise problems. It would be helpful to know the
brand name and model number of the unit. While the solution you and your
neighbor came up with is good enough in your situation, it would also be
nice to determine an easy fix to reduce or eliminate the noise while the
unit is on. Maybe some bypass capacitors or just the power cord run
through a snap on ferrite core. If the noise was really that bad it is
likely that the unit was actually in violation of FCC rules, and
possible the manufacturer would be receptive to including a couple of
bypass capacitors in their next production run. Yea...I guess I'm dreaming.

N6KB