[TenTec] Are Entry Lewvel Rigs Blowing Smoke?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Are Entry Lewvel Rigs Blowing Smoke?
From: "Larry Greenberg N5BEA" <larrylg1@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:45:42 -0400 (EDT)

       I think that what the world really needs is a good five cent cigar!   I
have owned  6 or 8  TecTecs over the years plus a much larger and more varied
assortment of other brands.   I think for simplicity and ease of operation
nothing has ever surpassed  my Argosy.  I hooked it to a vertical and ran DX.
I bought the little relay box was  respectable with a small Amp on 75 meters.
It is a good basic mobile unit too....................  The thing is "The Brand
Xers" have developed  what they choose to call "entry level" rigs . That is
their terminology.  I, would prefer to see something akin to an updated Argosy.
 A basic rig or as some of us see it, a decent little mobile  rig.  I think
that an Argosy 2000 could be sold a similar price point as the Brand X.   I
also believe that it's market share at that price point would be higher than
must people might estimate.   Just how important is cramming a lot of goodies
in something very cheap &amp; small?  I think the ham
world's answer to this question might be surprising.. Larry GreenbergN5BEA