[TenTec] Omni V.9 DB25 to DB9

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V.9 DB25 to DB9
From: "Andy Bullington" <abullington@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 20:15:21 -0400
 Thanks to all who have answered. I HAVE the manual. The wiring diagram is
for DB25 to DB25 for PCs.
The diagram for DB25 to DB9 is for Macs. Will it work for PCs too? All I'm
trying to do is wire up a simple 3 or 4 wire
DB9 to DB9 for my Omni V with the N4PY chip. You absolutely CANNOT use any
standard cables for computer connection.
you have to make one up. I used to have the  proper diagram but I've lost
it. I don't HAVE a spare DB25 connection on
my newer PC , otherwise I would just use the diagram in the manual. I could
wire up DB25 to DB25 and use an adapter I guess, but I'd rather just do it
right in the first place.  I was hoping someone simply knew the pin
assignments on the DB9 side. Thanks.
                                  Andy W1AWB
>>you can also use a DB25 to DB9 adapter for that if you have one handy. i
have used such an adapter many times. jack ak7o