Re: [TenTec] HIS new ORION

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] HIS new ORION
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:55:02 -0400
I experienced the same problem with AM BC overload on the Orion I had. 160
and 80m were unusable due to a 50kw station about 15 miles away. I also use
a loop. In this case, an 80m loop. Using a tuner eliminated the problem but
I don't need a tuner with this antenna. I purchased the ICE BCI filter and
it did the trick. My Omni 6 is not affected by BCI even with no tuner and no
HP filter. Older TT rigs like the Omni C and Triton are totally rendered
useless without the tuner. Whatever secret the Omni VI has needs to be
carried over to the newer rigs. BTW: My TS-480 is totally clean in this
regard. It's got the best front end I've seen so far.

Steve Ellington
N4LQ@iglou.com