[TenTec] Corsair II Noise Blanker pulse width question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Noise Blanker pulse width question
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:33:31 -0700
I had heard that the Corsair II's noise blanker was unusually
ineffective as compared to most other Ten-Tec rig noise blankers for
dealing with pulse noise characteristic of man0made electrical
interference. And now that I have a Corsair II there seems to be more
than a bit of truth to this. In my environment my Scout, Paragon,
Omni-C, and Omni-VI+ noise blankers are very effective in reducing
electical impulse noise but the Corsair II is totally ineffective. I
briefly discussed this with Ten-Tec service and they confirmed that the
Corsair's NB was designed to combat the 'then troublesome' Russian
Woodpecker.... long since removed as a problem.

My question is has anyone successfully changed the pulse width of the
Corsair's noise blanker to make it more effective in today's noisy
environments? If so do you recall the changes that you made?

73,
Jerry, KG6TT