Re: [TenTec] Orion NR problem

Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion NR problem
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:45:17 -0700
On my Orion, using 1.372, pushing the NR button doesn't always turn
NR on or off.  I can do so reliably with Ham Radio Deluxe control
software and that is how I do it.  I also notice that there is often
a lag in adjusting Cut or PBT or even AGC at times. Going back to
1.371 solves all those issues, but of course you give up other fixes
and lose the front panel control of Threshold.  I also believe that
the NR circuit was more effective under 1.371--at least the band
noise seemed to drop more.

Gary W7TEA