Re: [TenTec] Orion NR problem

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion NR problem
From: "Harry van Enckevort" <Harry.van.Enckevort@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:34:11 +0100
Steve,
I do have the same feeling; in these days (since 1.372 DSP gain control
introduced) the NR improves signal to noise ratio. Check out ages 15/16
and 46 of the manual.
I think under quiet band conditions no NR is needed but a "real (LF) NR"
system as in the Omni 6+ and apparently in early Orion firmware versions
wud be nice to have too. Maybe release 2.0 gives us the option ??
Guess "real" NR is more often required than SN/R improvement?? (160m?)
Am I missing something ? and just FWIW (consider myself not being a real
technician nor an analyst)
73
Harry
PA3ARM