Re: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs
From: Carter Grabarczyk <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:03:34 -0400
Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX wrote:

>In conclusion, if you have RFI issues, it's not the radio's fault.
>
>73
>Bob, K4TAX

Bob,

I respectfully  disagree with your statement above. It seems to be waaay
too much of a generalization. I have had several 100 watt radios in the
same physical location with the same antenna (i.e., the *only* variable
was the radio) and some radios experienced RFI and some did not.
Unfortunately, some radios have more ferrite beads or bypass capacitors
than others, others may have a "floating" audio ground (the dreaded "pin
1" syndrome), etc, etc. I don't think you can say "it's not the radio's
fault" in every case.

73,
Carter K8VT