[TenTec] Orion "anomalies"

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion "anomalies"
From: K3MC <mac@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 17:50:59 -0700 (PDT)
Yikes!

I'm a new (3 weeks) Orion owner and long-term Ten-Tec fan, but I must admit,
this Orion is trying my patience.

I have the latest software, and have noticed "anomalies" which I documented in
an email to Ten-Tec.

   I was adjusting the BW knob and this unusual message popped up on the screen:

   http://cheponis.com/Orion_DSP_T_slash_O_1.jpg

   The radio state, at least as depicted by the front panel, is here:

   http://cheponis.com/Orion_Radio_Button_State.jpg

   Further adjustment of the BW knob produced this screen output:

   http://cheponis.com/Orion_DSP_BG_Fail.jpg

   Power-Cycling the radio cleared this condition.

I did talk with Paul Clinton, a great service guy at Ten-Tec, but about all he
could suggest is doing a Master Reset, and maybe send mail to ditsnbits.

The radio mostly works, but, for example, I don't hear any difference with the
panaramic stereo (I did once, but it didn't seem to work now.)

Sooooo, I figured, what the heck, do a Master Reset and maybe it'll fix it.

Fix it?

NOW, the "MULTI" knob does not work!  I go into the menus and I can't set
parameters because the MULTI knob is a no-op!

I've tried multiple "Master Resets" but the MULTI knob remains a no-op.

Has anybody else had this problem, and is there a fix, or some other reset I
don't know about?

Thanks!  -Mike K3MC