Re: [TenTec] Force 12 vertical dipoles used with my TT Scout

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>,<dock0evz@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Force 12 vertical dipoles used with my TT Scout
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:09:34 -0500
I was able to find on the Force 12 site, a couple of examples of single band
antennas.   Their is a base loading coil option for their 20 m and up
"Flagpole Antenna".  It would put you on 40m without a switch.  There is
just a wire jumper you place across the coil terminals if you want the
higher bands.  This appears to be a quarter wave equivalent vertical as it
uses radials also.

Their Tornado Vertical has an 80 and 40m operation.  The 80m uses two coils,
either side of feedpoint of the dipole.  It has a switch in the radome that
can be operated remotely for shorting out the coils for 40m operation.

However, you could modify that to operate with a switch located at the
antenna, and dispense with the remote switch cable.

I think they also offer a 40m monoband vertical scaled up from the Sigma 5
dipole, which would not need a remote control cable.  They used such for the
contests they won.  See their web site discussion on contests.

-Stuart
K5KVH