Re: [TenTec] Argosy 2 maybe

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 2 maybe
From: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <mizuhoradio@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:17:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Mike, and everyone else,

> On the other hand, a friend just sold his Argosy II
> and bought an Argonaut V (I think that's what it's
> called) which he reports he likes better.

I had the Argosy (original version, later serial
number) which I liked very well indeed.  The receiver
was excellent and the filtering was very nice.  I now
have an Argonaut V.  There is no comparison.  The
Argonaut V (516) has an amazingly good receiver,
fantastic receive audio, and the IF DSP bandwidth
filtering simply can't be beat.  As good as the Argosy
was time and technology have marched on and Ten Tec
simply has built a better rig.

73,
Caity
K7VO

Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637