Re: [TenTec] Metric System (was Vertical Dipole "Fringe Benefits")

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Metric System (was Vertical Dipole "Fringe Benefits")
From: "Steve Weinert" <srw@excel.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:29:16 -0500
On line there are a great bunch of Metric/Imperial/Other conversion
engines - it is useful for an amateur to have some of these in their
bookmarks:

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

http://www.metric-conversions.org/

and even Google

http://www.google.com/  (if you enter say "3 meters in feet" Google returns
"3 meters = 9.84251969 feet"  - likewise if you enter "1.5 kilowatts in
joules/seconds" Google returns "1.5 kilowatts = 1 500 joules / seconds"!!)

There are a lot of odd units out there that you may have to do some research
on if the engines don't have them preprogramed.  None seemed to handle
specialty units like "irons" (48 irons equal one inch or 2.54 centimeters)
which is a traditional measure of the leather used in the soles of welted
shoes.

Posting Metric and US/Imperial units side by side is a great suggestion!

BTW I've completed my last 450 QSOs using a vertical dipole (Gap Titan DX)
driven by a Pegasus.  Works fine for me!

73

Steve
KB9GPN