Re: [TenTec] FCC says CW dead

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FCC says CW dead
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:59:17 -0500

>Agree.

>Gosh, any moron can pick up a mike.  Now sending and receiving cw at  30
>wpm
>is an art.  CW is ham radio

agree,  but...   I know of an old man who thought it would be nice to chat
with people over the radio to occupy his time,  CB seemed a bit rough to
him, so he thought maybe the ham operators would be good to talk with,  Very
good ham now but stuck as a no-code tech.  he would like to be on HF to work
some of the side band and/or RTTY.

Even though I can send/receive better than 30 and wish all could enjoy it,
yet, do I want to block this person?

tough call don't you think?,

Perhaps the art is as much in getting a good station together for
communication as much as the method.

Best wishes,
Rich
K5SF