Re: [Orion] New Orion II

To: orion@contesting.com,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] New Orion II
From: Barry Gross <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:51:18 +0000
On 7/21/05, HeathlinerSB@aol.com <HeathlinerSB@aol.com> wrote:

> Now i can imagine, that my "Classic" ORION is worth not half the price over
> night.

I'm just not getting the instant devaluation of the Orion.  The O2
version is $700 MORE expensive and its introduction apparently
guarantees several additional years of continued support for the O1
firmware.  And people are saying a used O1 today is worth $500+ less
than yesterday?  I don't get it but if that's how the used Orion
market is acting (i.e., over-reacting), there should be some happy
buyers out there.  Grab them now, because price may very well recover
if V2 firmware is what it's cracked up to be.

73,
Barry N1EU