Re: [TenTec] [Orion] New Orion II

To: "'Barry Gross'" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] New Orion II
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:36:17 -0700
Barry, I think you're right.
The initial reaction might be a sudden temporary price drop, but if the O2
does its job correctly and wins over lots of customers who potentially would
have bought their color elsewhere, then we'll hear more Orions on the bands
and the increased popularity will raise the used price of O1.

Actually, what I experienced here in Germany is that ORION increased the
market awareness of Ten-Tec significantly and the prices for used Omni's
(even the Omni V) went up.

My guess, if you wait until Christmas to sell your O1, you'll get a decent
price.  However you will probably not be able to get an O2 then unless
you've placed you order much earlier.

73
Rick