[TenTec] Re (Ten Tec) (ot) FCC says CW dead?

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re (Ten Tec) (ot) FCC says CW dead?
From: "Lyle Dunlap" <lyle3dd@grics.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:12:42 -0500
CW may be going out but its mainly due to lazy minds.  Of course commercial
interests involved too, but that is a separate subject.

 I am 81 years old and prefer operating CW at  60 to 70 WPM full QSK.  A
computer is not necessary.  I use a keyboard, a Ten Tec transceiver, a keyer,
pair of headphones, and usually an amp.
Years ago we did not have the means of sending faster CW so everyone was stuck
with dit dah where 40 WPM was about tops with a bug.

Slower speeds is work, you have to put characters together to make a word.  At
higher speeds you listen to words and/or phrases and one can have a meaningful
conversation.   Remember,full QSK . None of this novice fone procedure "back to
you stuff"  and spending a half hour simply to find out a fellows age and how
long he has had a ham ticket.

I could go on but I suppose I have  said enough, for now anyway.

Lyle
W9FCX