Re: [TenTec] Latest posting

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Latest posting
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:37:05 -0500
> Let's face it people, you get what you pay for, and what Ten Tec have done
> for me in the Corsair 2, is to >give me a rig that at least can pull those
> woolly sheep out of the mist.
>Coupled with superb break-in and high quality keying, running a mere 90w to a
>doublet, it is a pleasure to >beat the rice-cooker-afterburners in a cw pile
>up.

AMEN - You can't work 'em if you can't hear 'em. And it matters not the cost of
the rig, the number of buttons or knobs, fancy panels, nor digital circuits. If
you can't hear the weak DX through the noise, you've got no chance of making
the contact. I'm keeping my Corsair II as long as I can keep it going ( a big
thank you to Ten Tec for their continued support of their fine old radios) and
maybe it'll out last me, I sure hope so.

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M - www.csm-gh.com<http://www.csm-gh.com/>