Re: [TenTec] Latest posting

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Latest posting
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:30:08 EDT
That is so true.
I think Ten Tec needs our full support right now.
I think that not one company that I know of has not made at least one  dog.
Look at Ford and the Edsel.
This is Ten Tec's turn in the pit.
We should not forget the great radios this company has produced.
I have nothing but good things to say about rigs made by those guys.
Keep making the Orange Ball Specials boys.
But, I agree that the last of the Ten Tec radios that can be worked on
outside the factory was the OMNI V.
So, Scott how about a top of the line, non software defined radio, with
boards that can be repaired by Hams like the Elecraft radio?
That way we won't have to bother you guys up in Sevierville so much.
You need to give us more credit Scott.
Some of us can still open up the case and do a little diagnostic work along
with a little soldering.
Don't keep all the fun to yourself and we won't let out the secret of how
much fun it is to work on a Ten Tec.
Heck, I've even been known to catch a little DX without a fast sweep scope
display so I won't bother you for one.
Dan/N4VET