Re: [TenTec] TenTec 30 day return policy

To: martin.ewing@gmail.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec 30 day return policy
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:27:50 -0500
I think you're getting confused.  They would sell to the dealer at the
same price they sell to us minus the small percentage the returns program
costs them.  At the current margin rates in the dealer/mfgr arrangement
of ~10%, you'd be paying at least 10% more each for a TT rig.  With no
return priviledges.  The reason they went direct was so they could be
more competitive.  The returns policy was to balance out that you
couldn't go to a dealer and spin the dials to see if you liked it.
That's funny because almost none of those dealers are left because us
cheap hams would rather save a few bucks and buy from HRO.

        73,  Duane  (risking being called a TT koolaid drinker!  Color of
koolaid?  Red dot, of course.)