Re: [TenTec] Real Meaning of the New FCC Proposal

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Real Meaning of the New FCC Proposal
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:07:21 EDT

Perhaps it is just  the FCC realizing that the rest of the world  is dropping
the requirement for cw as a  requirement for HF so they are  stepping in
line.

 I agree that the need for CW as a testing  "separator"  for  folks wanting
to get on hf  may have kept some  less than desireable's  off the hf bands, but
it also kept off a lot of folks who were interested on  other modes on hf
that would be a plus to ham radio.

 I do think CW will be around for at least the rest of my life and  probably
for  at least the next hundred years. dropping it as a requirement  for
testing is not going to ban it as a mode. in fact fully half the hf bands  are
still
going to be dedicated to non voice modes, on the left end of the  dial.
folks who dont't do CW are giving up half their spectrum. the world  changes
and
the ham bands change along with it. Its called progress.

I treat this and the new Orion II and a change  proprlling us one step
further into the future.

YMMV

73 and gud DX to all

tom N6AJR

In a message dated 7/22/2005 9:47:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,