Re: [TenTec] reason to upgrade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] reason to upgrade
From: "Scott / W4PJ" <w4pj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:00:44 -0400
> those lowest 25 kHz band segments.  For many of the subscribers to this
list,
> that was the SOLE reason to upgrade.

I remember battling it out on 7140Kc. or thereabouts. Trying to work
stations in between all that BC noise on 40 was a real challenge.

The best reason I could think to upgrade was to get away from all those Bc
stations on 40. [and to stick the xtals in the drawer and use a VFO <g>]

Then to finally get to the bottom of the band was a great accomplishment.

Same on 20 & 80.

Now all it will take is a memorized test [complete with all the questions
and  answers in a study book].

Maybe I will start calling CQ on CW at 45 wpm up in the top 25 Kc. when all
the PSK covers everything up at the bottom.

Or maybe go back to 7140 or thereabouts.  I have better filters now than I
did then.

PEACE
Scott / W4PJ