Re: [TenTec] Time on their hands

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Time on their hands
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:06:47 -0700 (PDT)
I did.

And yes it was nice to rag chew with you Bob on 144.210 SSB.
The distance between us was about 600 miles. I too was only
running about 150 watts. Conditions were really quite stable
throughout the entire time we talked.

TT gear used? Well let me see, I had 4 of the Pegasus radios
on line and another 2 Corsair II's plus a Corsair. That whole
lot of TT gear was performing transverter IF duties for 144,
222, and 432 (all DEMI transverters). It all worked pretty
good, so I could keep rag chewing on 144.210 while still
tuning around to the various activity spikes up and down the
band that I saw on the spectrum sweep display (a
Pegasus/Pegasus/Corsair II combo provides me with 2 RX's
*and* a full time spectrum sweep). So I didn't need to worry
that I might be missing something by rag chewing during the
middle of a nice band opening ;). Oh and I was also
simultaneously keeping an eye *and* ear on both 222 and 432
as well (a Pegasus/Corsair combo on each of those two bands).

Last night's tropo event boosted my 2005 2M grid total by 15
new grids, I'm now at 83 2M grids worked since January 1
2005. I'm hanging out in the shack as I write this
listening/watching 2M hoping that something will redevelop
again tonight.

Duane
N9DG