Re: [TenTec] 30 day Return Policy

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 30 day Return Policy
From: "Adam N." <adam2@n4ekv.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:57:15 -0700
 From my observations, eHam routinely deletes negative reviews without
notice, particularly, it seems, when they concern eHam advertisers (or
perhaps when those advertisers complain).  A lengthy and informative
eHam thread on first-hand accounts of MFJ product defects was similarly
"disappeared" by eHam management.

As a long-time owner/webmaster of a large web-based BBS, I can tell you
that this is mad mojo.

As a TT user, I think it's folly for TT to try to limit who buys their
radios as doing so will not keep the radios out of the so-called
malcontents' hands, and will only serve to build further animosity and
open letters like the one that spawned this thread.  If TT's policy is
"One 30-day return per customer" then it should be so published.

73,

Adam N.
N4EKV
Lafayette, CA
www.n4ekv.com

Tommy wrote:
> No I can't. I also went back through ALL of those Jupiter reviews and
> could not find Bob's specific call. However, based on experience, it
> is not unusual for post to sometimes disappear from eHam. The other
> hams who have reported returne policy or eHam review problems, only
> one of them has chosen to make them self public about their problems.
> (and I personally see nothing wrong with their choice, after all they
> do have a right to a choice.)
>
> Maybe you could look up his call on qrz and email him direct? And he
> has posted his IC-7800 for sale on eHam, where you might also find
> his email address.
>
> I also have a review on eHam for my Orion, in which I posted what I
> consider the pros and cons of the Orion I had, and gave the review a
> 2/5. A 2/5 would probably horrify some but a '2' actually means 'needs help'.
>
> And by the way judge, you are probably correct in that what ever that
> 'list of 12' is, my call is probably there. But then I do prefer to be honest.
>
> Tommy - W4BQF
>

> At Wednesday 11:48 AM 7/27/2005, you wrote:
>

>>   Please feel free to copy and
>>  past it verbatum, and with my name and call sign associated with
>>  it.  I want people to hear my side of the story straight from the
>>  horse's mouth.  Thanks for your kind consideration.
>>
>>  73,
>>
>>  Bob, KW4CQ
>>

>>  I was interested to read the eHam review upon which this
>>gentleman says his troubles with T-T are based.  I have scrolled
>>through all 100+ Jupiter eHam reviews, and do not find his
>>callsign.  Perhaps it was posted under a prior call.  Can you
>>advise what call that was, so I can read the review for myself?
>>
>>  -73-
>>
>>  W4SK

Adam Nathanson
N4EKV