Re: [TenTec] Knife Switches and etc

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Knife Switches and etc
From: "George Allgood" <w4gfa@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:06:55 -0400

I found some really great knife switches on the big auction site on the Bay.
Porcelain bases with
large copper movements and contacts.  They had been removed from old houses.
A bit of cleaning
and they worked fine.
The problem I encountered with ladder line through the wall and into the
tuner was RF.
It was everywhere.   Stubborn, too.   Would not go away until I found a
current balun,
mounted it about 6 feet from the shack then ran RG-8 Coax to the balun and
through the wall.
The Omni 6 was fine, but the RF gave the computer a fit.

George Allgood
W4GFA