Re: [TenTec] ORION front panel mic jack ptt voltage

To: <orion@contesting.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION front panel mic jack ptt voltage
From: "Henry Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:47:57 -0700
Could someone measure the open circuit voltage they see from pin 3 (PTT) to
ground  for me ? My front panel PTT quit working on ssb. I measured 1.002
volts hot after several hours and just turned it on cold and its about 0.792
volts . I measure just over 4 volts open circuit on the AUX/IO PTT dongle
from the rear panel (black connector) . Obviously if front panel pin 3 and
back panel IO are supposed to be hardwired together -it is not happening now
! Shorting pin 3 to ground does not enable PTT - so its not a mic cable/ mic
sw problem.

 The thing transmits  SSB with the rear  IO black connector closed and it
also keys fine on CW . I tried all the combinations I could think of in the
SSB PTT menus (found in CW menu ) . VOX works fine also.

Thanks - Hank K7HP