Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus Question
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:15:51 -0400
Ed,

In my opinion, your are not in a dilemma, you are in luck...hihi.

Of course the TCXO is a good feature to have. I'm not sure where it
started in the later production run's of the Omni VI Plus, but Ten
Tec switched to SMD components for some of the pc boards. That ONLY
presents a little problem IF you ever have to do component
replacement. I found the Omin 6 to be extremely reliable, like no
failures in 11 years of heavy use. I've had my two Omni 6 Plus rigs
less than six months, but certainly do not expect any problems with
them either.

Tommy - W4BQF