Re: [TenTec] RF problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF problem
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:56:02 -0500
Vince,
        I think we need more information on your configuration:

Are you hearing RF on the MONITOR audio, or just in the headsets without
the monitor turned on?  (i.e., are you hearing RF on your transmitted
audio, or just in the headsets?)

Also, do you have a Footswitch connected to either of the front panel
connections - on the mic connector thru a Heil adapter, for example, or
to the Key input while using the menu setting CW Key = PTT on SSB?

        73,  Duane

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:31:16 -0400 "Vince Santis" <vsantis@earthlink.net>
writes:
> Hi,
>
> I hear Rf in my headphones on 20 meters only. I'm running an Orion
> into
> an ALS 600 solid state amplifier. The antenna is a Gap Titan DX
> located
> about 40 ft. from the shack. I don't recall this problem with my
> TS-570.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> TIA,
>
> Vince Santis, N1VS