Re: [TenTec] RF problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF problem
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:23:14 -0500
Vince, also check the quality of your jumper coax between the Ten Tec and
the amplifier.  I have had RF in the shack when the jumper coax developed a
problem.

You might also try altering the coax length from the amplifier to the
antenna by 5 feet to see if the problem changes.  That would tell you if the
problem is RF on the outside of the antenna feeder or not.

It could be you are demodulating in the phones, and thus my suggestion about
RF bead on the phones cable.  It may take a combination of measures to
suppress.

GL,
Stuart
K5KVH